We are Design + Build
“The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” – Aristotle
In essence our story is about opportunity. The opportunity for very talented and resourceful people with very specific skill sets to put aside individual goals and form Ferrara-Buist. Adam Ferrara and David Buist lend their names to the company but its the team as a whole that make it unique. All the very talented and dedicated folk that fill their role and make Ferrara-Buist the young dynamic company you see today.
“Our best ideas come from clerks and stockboys.” – Sam Walton
The Ferrara-Buist corporate team assembled outside company headquarters shortly after completion of our state-of-the-art facility. Our facility is designed and built to deliver our signature Ferrara-Buist services and to give our professionals the very best environment to do their very best work for you.
Our Management Team
David Buist is a licensed general contractor, a licensed professional engineer, and a registered LEED AP. David graduated from Clemson University with a degree in Civil Engineering and has focused on Commercial Construction. David met his wife Britton Belk Buist at Clemson University. On January 2, 2009 Britton and David were blessed with twins; Rowan and Kelly.
- Professional Engineer State of Florida & South Carolina
- 2011 Class of Leadership York County (LYCO), York County Chamber of Commerce
- 2008 Chair: State of Florida Engineers in Construction (FECON)
- 2008 State Board Member: Florida Engineering Society (FES)
- Vice Chair of York County Zoning Board of Appeals
- Past Vice Chair: City of Boynton Beach Building Board of Adjustment & Appeals (term:2009- September 2010)
- Director of the Fort Mill Rotary Club LEED AP © BD+C
- Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Florida #67533, State of South Carolina # 26878
- Licensed General Contractor, State of Florida Member of N.S.P.E.
- Member of A.S.C.E.
- Past Director of Rotary Club of Delray Beach
- 10 Hour OSHA Safety Class Member of Order of Omega
- Past President Phi Delta Theta
- Calhoun Honor Society
PartnerAdam Ferrara is a licensed general contractor in North Carolina and South Carolina. The credentials, education, knowledge, skill, experience, drive, enthusiasm, and love for all things built are packed into Adam’s presence. Adam is a skilled, educated, trained, experienced, motivated and highly-engaging design + build general contractor with a passion for business, working with entrepreneurs, and taking responsibility for total project success. Adam is married to his wonderful wife, Rebecca Ferrara. They are currently raising their 7 year old son, Michael, and 5 year old daughter, Caroline, in Fort Mill. He is active in the Charlotte Metro business and residential communities. He is very involved in Myers Park Business Club, Charlotte and York County Chambers.
- Board of Directors for York County, SC Building Board of Appeals.
- Business Degree from the College of Charleston
- North Carolina General Contractor’s License
- South Carolina General Contractor’s License
- 14+ years of successful building experience
- Project Management & Job Flow Expert
- Project Interventionist – Unique to step in and assume project responsibility
- York County Building Board of Appeals
- Fort Mill Rotary Club member
- Emerging Professional US Green Building Council
- Green Building certification
- Entrepreneur / Business Owner mentor
- LYCO (Leadership York County) Graduate
Vincent J. DePaoli, PLA
Director of LandscapeVincent DePaoli, PLA is a Landscape Architect with over fifteen years of landscape design/build experience including numerous high end residential developments. His management experience helps lead our team of designers, meet with clients, maintain budgetary goals and coordinate with construction professionals. His understanding of local design criteria, project cost, and his ability to translate the client’s wishes into a viable design helps to move projects along in a timely fashion. The results are creative and economical solutions to common landscape hurdles. Vincent’s many skills include hardscape design, planting design and construction detailing. His strong knowledge of plants and hardscape materials along with his experience in communicating designs in the field makes him a valuable part of the Ferrara-Buist team.
- Landscape Architect State of South Carolina and North Carolina
- C.L.A.R.B Certified Landscape Architect
- Member of the ASLA, American Society of Landscape Architects